Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Monday, December 13, 2010

What's a Revolution without Oprah?

In my ongoing quest for information on simplicity, it occurred to me that I hadn't consulted the resident Guru of all things life, the Goddess of self creation, Oprah. How I could have missed it? I'm not sure. I clearly was making this project already more complicated than it needed to be.

Fortunately, I am both smart enough AND quick enough to correct my mistakes and immediately went to her website. (Did I mention that I am a subscriber so I already get stuff from her every day?) It took me approximately 2 seconds of searching before I found this link to not one article but to an entire section devoted to simplifying your life. Here is the link http://www.oprah.com/packages/upgrade-your-life.html. It is filled with practical, simple strategies for simplifying your life in pretty much all ways.

The lesson? Sometimes the most obvious thing is the thing we miss the most and is most likely the only thing we need to see. Most profound! The second lesson? When in doubt ask Oprah. She knows everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment