Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Have you ever noticed that you don't need to talk yourself into a good decision?

I don't know about you but I spend so much of my life thinking about what the right decision is and I spiral myself senseless in the process. Should I? Shouldn't I? What will happen if I do? What will happen if I don't? The crazy thing is, it's not like I'm holding someone's brain in my hand! Nothing I decide is life threatening so why do I make things so complicated. Why do we all make things so complicated?

My 13 year old has literally asked for nothing for Christmas. His birthday was a month ago and he is extremely content with his life. I have spent hours researching gift ideas for him, asked countless people and still have come up with nothing that I think will satisfy him OR me. Why am I doing this? Well because I am complicating my life based on what I think I'm SUPPOSED to do for Christmas. So I came up with a good idea today. It's easy, it's simple, it's satisfying and I almost wrote it down until I realized that he reads my blog...see buddy, I'm STILL on to you!

What's the lesson? You don't need to work so hard to come up with the right decision! The other lesson, other people's expectations only make us crazy and help us to make stupid decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment