Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Simplicity vs. Efficiency

In reading Edward DeBono's book Simplicity, he said something that really hit home. He says that there is a distinct difference between simplicity and efficiency. In all of my research, I'm finding that most of the books and blogs I'm reading are either focused on helping you to focus your attention to do more OR help you to drop everything and do relatively little. So far, I haven't found much literature on how to just plain make your life more simple BUT to help you to manoeuvre through the intense amount of complexity that has become our lives.

I don't want to become more efficient so that I can do more. I want to focus on the things that matter, appreciate the simple things in life BUT still live in the complexity. If I don't find a way to live in the in between place and have an appreciation of both, I will never have anyone to talk to because people are either in one camp or the other wishing their lives were different.

I guess I'm becoming closer and closer to defining what this project will really mean to me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment