Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Simplicity overload!

I have come to an understanding about something.

As you may well know, I have decided to spend the rest of the year doing some research on the entire concept of simplicity so that I have something to work from. So between last post and now, I have been avidly researching the entire concept of simplicity (remember that my bad back still has me housebound and I'm the only not busy person right now). Between Amazon and my local library, I have come up with literally hundreds of books that address the topic and that doesn't even speak to the websites...google it. Just for fun.

My understanding is this...there is a lot of stuff out there on simple living. It would clearly behoove me to define it for myself and set some goals for the year or I will most certainly make a massive mess of complexity around my intention of living more simply. I have also come to understand that most people talk about simplicity the way that they talk about either growing armpit hair or joining a commune and eating only radishes. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I haven't had more than one person tell me that simple living in a world this complex is not only a futile effort but just plain stupid.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment