Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting Prepared for the Simple Revolution...Jamie Oliver Style

Today I need to confess something. This is a something that only my family knows...I'm in cooking love with Jamie Oliver. Full out, heart throbbing, run to the grocery store for more olive oil love. It's a good kind of love I think because no one's heart is broken and everyone is being fed well.

Why do you ask am I making this confession now? I am making this confession because in my quest to prepare for Simplicity XP 2011, I am researching meal prep ideas to make my life simpler and easier. In this quest, I found that lo and behold, my cooking boyfriend Jamie Oliver has come up with a new cookbook that makes both meal planning and preparation, idiot proof. His new book is called Jamie's 30 Minute Meals.

It wouldn't be feasible for me to do an experiment of any kind where cooking was involved and not have my cooking boyfriend Jamie Oliver as part of it. So, the book has been ordered and added to my growing stack of literature on living simply. Bit of an oxymoron isn't it? This experiment is going to be harder than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment