Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Flu has a way of Simplifying life

Today I was beginning to feel the familiar tension of the season creeping in. 6 days to go until Christmas and I'm still not finished my shopping and although my back is better, I'm still not in any shape to be running all over the place. So as I was consulting my list, adding to it, not deleting, my daughter called from her father's to say..."Mommy I feel so sick".

Knowing that many kids in her class, my brother, nephew and 6 month old niece and other friends have fallen to the flu, there was no doubt that she was the first in our family to go down. Safe to say, that my tension of 6 days left with too much to do could have done one or two things. Either dig deeper and increase my stress levels tenfold or deflate and concentrate on the task at hand. I now live by the principle that "you can't argue what is" (thank you to the beautiful Byron Katie who wrote Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life ).

I have now successfully deleted all but the most important things from my list and if they don't get done....well I trust that the people in my life will love me enough to cut me some slack. Who knew that the flu could be so simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment