Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Holy Christmas Concert

So last night my daughter had her inaugural singing debut. She started taking vocal lessons a couple of months ago after watching a few too many episodes of American Idol and Glee and has really been enjoying herself. The crazy thing is...the kid has a beautiful voice that she DID NOT get from either of her parents.

Last night her music school held a Christmas Concert for the residents of one of our retirement homes and my daughter to our surprise agreed to do a SOLO, singing "The First Noel". Now one would have thought that for an inaugural debut that they would have taken a simpler route and had a few kids sing together but no....when we got to the retirement home, we found an audience of well over 100 people and 29 kids performing.

So, need I even go into the hysterical stage fright that ensued? The terror of many of the kids who were performing? The fact that my husband got propositioned by one of the residents of the home? Safe to say, that they made sure that this concert was the most complicated, stressful experience that these kids could have gone through in their lives.

They, like much of what I am observing about Christmas this year seem to have lost the simple joy of singing Christmas Carols or doing something that makes someone else feel good. Look for my post next December when I try to simplify a music school's concert....and maybe jump off a bridge in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment