Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Simple Plan

Happy New Year. Welcome to the Simple Plan.

In keeping with my new friend Edward DeBono's idea, I decided that this project will be a big fat flop without a definition of what simplicity means to me and what I am going to do about it. So here it is...

Simplicity to me means nothing more than making things easier.I don't think I can make it simpler than that. So my aim is this..
  • To look for the simple answer to everything that pops up in my day
  • To pose the question, what can I do to make this easier?
  • To only use products/services that make life easier
  • To rid myself of anything that I own or anything that comes into my life that is not practical or that I deeply love
  • To speak from my own truth and engage in relationships that nurture not ones that create drama
  • To allow other people to have their own experience whether I agree with it or not.
I will also be picking a theme of the month and listing a learning of the day. January is "Simplifying My Personal Space" Month.

Starting tomorrow, I start throwing crap out. I can't wait to see what makes the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment