Welcome to My Experiment in Simplifying my Life

Hello and welcome to my experiment.

I decided that my life has gotten way too fast and way too complex. I realize that I am missing many of the most important things because I am moving way too fast to appreciate the simple things in life. So, I have decided that in 2011, I am going to do nothing that is overly complex, will return to eating simple, healthy foods, looking for the simple solutions to every day problems and learn to appreciate the very simple pleasures of being a wife and mother in 2011 and I'm going to blog about it....the simple way.

Wish me luck!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I will NEVER be this good.

As part of this experiment, I have been researching how others live a more simple life and over the year will have lots to share. Being that January is declutter the house month, I have been looking for people who have done some interesting things with their homes and how they have implemented the concept of simplicity, efficiency or decluttering in their homes.

Just today, I had this link sent to me about a dude in Hong Kong who has done the single most amazing thing you have ever seen with 350 square feet. He literally uses every single square inch of space to his advantage and the place is absolutely amazing. It is a true marvel of efficiency. Take a look here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

Something I learned when I watched this and then looked around my house is that there really is something in becoming efficient and organized which I can tell you is NOT my strong suit. I couldn't believe how much wasted space I have in my tiny little house....the house that I keep saying is too small. I also couldn't believe how much crap we have even though I am a regular purger and have been purging even more.

When you watch the video, look how happy the guy is. He's in a tiny apartment but surrounded by only what he needs and everything he loves and honestly, the guy looks happy.

My birthday is coming up and I can tell you....don't buy me anything. I honestly don't want any more STUFF! 

No comments:

Post a Comment